I always liked words. I collect them in my pocket calendar, the red one with the golden decor. From now on I’ll share my favourite words with you, five each month.
- Monastery. I like how close it actually is to Monster. Especially if you speak the e, which may be wrong but sounds great. As I said, a little bit like Monster.
- Wut. The German word for fury. Well, not really. I haven’t found a word in English yet to translate Wut the way I want to. Stretch the u. Wuuuuut. Well, I like it.
- Honig. German for honey. I like it better than the English version ’cause you can extend the o better. Hooohnig. Besides, I love honey.
- Abbey. Quite closely related to monastery in its meaning. I seem to have a soft spot for clerical words. Like in Westminster or Northanger.
- Fair in the meaning of pretty and pale. It reminds me of flaxen hair, Astrid Lindgren books, wild roses and skin that burns way to fast. And finally, it sounds a little bit like fairy (although the words are not related at all).