As it’s spread all though the blogs I’m currently reading, I thought it might be nice to do this, too (I also considered one of the “one picture a day” memes, but didn’t like the fact that it predominantly were pictures I would have to take from somewhere else).
Day 01 – 10 Things about your lolita bubble
(What ever that actually may be. I’ll just do as the other girls and write about mylittle Lolita world.)
- I discovered Lolita in my middle teens, but sadly I don’t know how anymore. I guess the Natron & Soda forum could have done something to it as well as Paradise Kiss (the manga). My first attempt in this direction wouldn’t be considered exactly ita, I think, but not very close to the rules-that-are-more-like-guidelines-anyway, too.
- I don’t think that Lolita interferres with my being a major nerd (for Steampunk, Star Trek: TNG, computer games and RPG…) or practising martial arts (first and foremost Savate and sometimes Jiu Jiutsu, other than Canne de Combat, which is rather loliable) or listening to my favourite music (like Dropkick Murphys or Social Distortion). Some people might think it rather paradoxical to be a refined, sophisticated lady on one and a brawling, dirty Boston folk punk on the other day without having to act one of these parts, but I promise, it works for me.
- When I first met Scoundrel I told him about Lolita, and he already knew. It’s awesome to have a boyfriend who’s a minor in Japanese studies. Though, I’d never try to convince him to wear something like dandy or kodona, it just wouldn’t be the guy I love so much, and I prefer him in plain T-shits and cargo pants, anyway.
- My favourite styles are Classic, Sailor and Gothic when I’m all dolled up and Country, Punk and Casual for every day. Oh, and Steampunk, of course, but as this is an omnipresent influence with me I don’t count it as a certain style here.
- My wardrobe is quite small and can’t really grow, thanks to an armoire that isn’t that large, either. But I’m working at it, and as soon as I’ve emptied one of my fabric boxes there will be more space, I hope.
- I don’t wear Lolita on a daily basis. I like having pockets, and I can’t wear my pocket belt with a petticoat. But I’m trying to wear it more regularly now, though.
- In Marburg people don’t seem to care if I’m dolled up, at least I don’t get any negative comments. The only bad experiance I had so far was to meet a fellow student of mine that looked pretty disgustedly, but we don’t get along too well anyway, so I didn’t really care.
- I’ve never been to a meet-up, sadly… Well, at least not yet! :)
- I actually don’t like Lolita shoes and prefer my Duckfeet or combat boots. They make me look like a doll, anyway.
- And I think I’m pretty in Lolita. And cute. Cute as a button. It’s strange how few people think that way of themselves, actually.
Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita.
Day 3 – 10 things you hate in lolita.
Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like.
Day 5 – 10 items from your wishlist.
Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.
Day 7 – 10 people who inspire your lolita style.
Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire you for lolita.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
Day 10 – What’s in your bag?
Day 11 – One day in your lolita life in pictures.
Day 12 – A picture of yourself before lolita came in to your life.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite sweets.
Day 14 – A picture of your dream item.
Day 15 – A picture of your last lolita purchase.
Day 16 – Your outfit for the day.
Day 17 – What do you want more then anything right now?
Day 18 – A picture of your favorite lolita style.
Day 19 – What’s in your make-up bag?
Day 20 – A picture of a lolita friend.
Day 21 – Your favorite fictional lolita.
Day 22 – A picture of your room.
Day 23 – A picture of your handwriting.
Day 24 – A picture of you from a meet.
Day 25 – Your favorite lolita themed artwork.
Day 26 – A picture of yourself that you like
Day 27 – One song that fits your favorite lolita style.
Day 28 – A picture of the perfect lolita location.
Day 29 – A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that’s happened over the last 30 days.
By the way, I know that some of my readers aren’t interested in Lolita at all. But as this challenge falls into the category of Intermezzo, it doesn’t apply to my “only one post a day” rule. So don’t worry, there will be other post, too. :)