Day 6 – 10 Things you can’t live without in Lolita
- Rouge/ Blush. It’s the only “make-up” I wear on a daily basis.
- Comfy shoes. As pretty as most Lolita shoes are, I prefer my duckfeet (they look like a doll’s shoes, anyway). I even wear my hiking boots with Lolita sometimes.
- My sketchbook. To write and scribble down ideas.
- My sewing machine! To make the things from my sketchbook real.
- Imagination. Just like Anne Shirley or Sara Crewe, so that I can pretend to be a princess on the days when I don’t know that I’m the heroine in my very own story.
- Petticoats. Elementary.
- Contacts. Don’t get me wrong, I love my glasses, but without them I feel prettier and even more girly. My glasses are the pragmatic side of me that hasn’t so much to do with Lolita.
- The aetherweb. Without it, I wouldn’t have discovered Lolita in the first place! And I’d miss all the blogs that I read, all the inspiration and input, the discussions, sometimes even the drama and, of course, browsing through endless sites of dresses.
- Curling iron. When I was younger, I really, really disliked my straight hair and now I can just decide what I want for a day. I was even called a “red-headed tinsel angel ” when I wore curls, so that’s a positive side effect. I seem to look good with them. ^^
- Children’s books. My main inspiration. I think I want to do a Wind in the Willows coord sometime soon…