- Vintage Bedsheets. I got several from my grand-aunt and grandmother lately. I’m not someone for matched sheets and pillow covers, so the mix of several hand-me-downs is quite perfect for me. They make the room look so cozy without taking up too much space.
- Screentone. I recently had the chance to work with screentone for the first time, and I loved it. You’ve got to focus a lot, and I like that. Also, it reminds me of my first contact with manga – Sailor Moon, well, of course. I wrote a little more about it here, and the professor let me take some scraps home, so Doublebunny won’t be my last piece for sure.
- Knitting Octopus, a knitting pattern by Max’s World. Isn’t he adorable? I wouldn’t know what to do with him, but maybe one of you do, and I just needed to share the link.
- JSjewelry on deviantART. Her work is amazing. I’m especially in love with her Summer Pond set.
- Ridiculous Lolita Trend Predictions Vol. 2 at F*Yeah Lolita. I already loved Vol. 1, and part two is really great, too. I especially love the Classic Lolita Armor (I’m a sucker for spaulders) and the Terrarium Headdress. I’ll stay with terrarium necklaces, but the idea is nice.
- Red Onions. It may sound a little profane, but lately I prefer them over white ones when making sautéed vegetables. They’re yummy, and the peels make a great colour (I’ve still got to try onion dye).
- Washi Tape Keyboard. This might be the perfect project for someone who’s as erratic in their design needs as myself. It’ll have to wait, though, as my current laptop isn’t going to get any makeover anymore, at least not from me. But I think I’m going to try that as soon as I get a new one.
- Woodland Belle Jewelery. Really pretty handmade jewelery (again). Her terrarium necklaces (here we go…) are my favourite part of her collection, and I think I like the pink peony and the poppy vials best.
- Dollhouse. I’m just no-one to be up to date when it comes to TV shows. This Joss Whedon gem has escaped my watch for far too long, and finally a friend introduced us. I love the premise of the show, and I love how whedonesque it is. Sick in its ideas, sure, but great. If you know your joss lore, you’ll catch the same vibe in set design and filming as in Firefly instantaneously, and Topher shares more than one trait with my favourite Serenity crew member Wash. Huh. Yes, I’m hooked.
- 28 Definitions of Steampunk. This list might be controversial, and like every other subculture, Steampunks love snarking at each other in terms of definition of the thing they actually all love. But that I might save for another post. The main thing here is that these definitions range from earnest to hilarious. My favourites are 2, 3, 8, 14, 16, 17 and 25 (I couldn’t settle for less). Which are yours?
By the way, thank you so much for all the nice comments on my new hair! It’s lovely to read that you people like it. ♥