So here’s to a new year!
I hope you all had a nice New Year’s eve – we watched the fireworks and listened to the church bells standing on a small wall underneath the castle, high above the town. The picture above’s Scoundrel, by the way, running a sinawali with sparklers. I tried to make a sparkler-written “2014”, but it didn’t work out so well.
New year means new resolutions. Here is my resolutions post from last year. I think I wore more dresses and tartan, but sadly I didn’t make skeleton leggings or a sailor collar, and the tabi shoes I ordered wouldn’t fit. Well, bygones.
On to greener pastures! My new year’s resolutions for 2014 look somewhat like this:
- Give this blog a make-over. The only thing that hinders me from doing that today is the disturbing lack of a portrait for the “About” page and a new header.
- Finish one big project a month. I don’t have to start it in the same month, but I want to finish one, nevertheless. There are enough UFOs lying around waiting to be finished, anyway.
- Go outside more. Like in “one hour per day”. I don’t get enough daylight and fresh air, especially in winter.
- Read more. I’ve become incredibly lazy when it comes to reading during the last years. Maybe one book per month would be a good goal. When I think about how I used to finish several books a week when I was 13, 14, this is a real blow to my once-bibliophile self-esteem.
- Do sports outside my regular training at least twice a month. I’ve got a muscle training room ticket, a track nearby and it’s ice-skating season.
- Keep my place tidy. My clutter tends to diffuse through the free space somehow.
Do you have any new year’s resolutions? I know that a lot of people don’t make any as they acknowledge they won’t keep them anyways, but I like this tradition. I love how everything is new and neat at the beginning of a new year. I’m even starting a new note-book.
Off to new adventures now. Have a good start!