What’s in my makeup bag
I don’t wear make-up on a daily basis, so these are the things I’m most likely to use when I wear Lolita:
- mousse make-up. It’s easy to apply with only my fingers and stays longer than other powder without me feeling caked. (essence, soft touch mousse in 04 matt ivory)
- lip tint. I like it better than lipstick or gloss, as it gives a more natural-looking stain and doesn’t stick to anything. (Max Factor, lipfinitiy lip tint in 04 berry burst)
- loose kohl powder for my signature-if-any dotted line above the upper lashes. (Catrice, ltd. edition Bohemia, C02 nap in the shade)
- blush. I already dedicated a whole post to this. Also, I love having healthily pink cheeks. (Manhattan, Pastell Pretties cheek & eye cream in 01 tulipster)
- white eyeliner pencil to make my eyes look a bit bigger (and to make me look a bit more awake). (essence, kajal pencil in 04 white)
- black eyeliner pencil for the outer lower lid. I only started using this recently this way, and I think I like it. (alverde, kajal eyeliner in 01 schwarz)
- lip balm. I usually use one by Weleda (and I used to have a great chocolate-flavoured one from Bodyshop) to keep my lips from getting too dry. It also works perfectly as a surrogate (and precise) make-up remover to wipe away smeared eyeliner or the fine dust of eye make-up after half a day of wearing it. (H&M, body treats lip treatment in honey sugar. Honestly, I bought this mainly for the cute desing in a sale. Shame on me.)
- A small pocket mirror I once bought at a bookstore.
I’m still trying things and working on a routine, and most of the time it works out well.