- ignite/reignite. Verb, English. Ultimately derived from Latin ignis, “fire”. A very powerful word.
- glitter. Noun, English. Sparklies. “Glitter” even sounds glittery, sort of rectangular and small and metallic and falling down.
- festoon. Noun, English. A garland, something to decorate a room with, that hangs loosely from two (or more) spots.
- mademoiselle. Courtesy title, French. A contraction of ma demoiselle, “my little lady”. Yes, there are a lot of people who have problems with special titles for unmarried women. I don’t. I like it. Also, my grandmother used to call me “Mademäusele”, which is a (very rough, not in the least correct) germanification of the title and has a diminutive for the German word for mouse in it.
- irie. Adjective, Jamaican Patois. From English all right, means good, happy, in a state of bliss.