This time with a small refashion project from beginning to end, which isn’t much, really. The light in here isn’t the best, it’s grey outside so I have to rely on lamps, but there not perfect, either.
This was the status quo of the nightdress (it’s hardly a gown) when I bought it at the local thrift shop. I liked the lightweight quality of the fabric, the pale yellow colour (obviously not featuring here thanks to the lighting) and the cute floral print. What I didn’t like was the form, or better yet, its absence.
It was too long for my taste, too, so I shortened it (with a little help of my favourite tunic for length reference) and made waist ties out of the cut-off fabric.
Works. Bad lighting, I tell you, plus a small mirror, plus being too lazy to take my pants off to try on a dress. I love the way it fits now, not perfectly like a glove, but more loosely, and very comfortable.
The last thing I did was replacing the boring plastic buttons with laundry ones I had in my hoard. The dress will surely make a great addition to my Mori Kei wardrobe come warmer days, and I’m really glad I finally invested the one hour (or less) I needed to fix it to my tastes. Now excuse me while I plunder my fabric chest for more tunic material.
By the way: I also gave up on NaNo for this year, but I’m still proud of how far I made it. There are 30k of words sitting on my hard-drive now, waiting to be shaped into a whole world and maybe a story, with the plot lined out completely, something I learned to do this year. Still, of course, congratulations to those who’ll make it!