Sometimes you’ve got to fix up your thrift store finds a little. Scoundrel and I found this cutie while seeking shelter from the rain in the most crowded thrift store I’ve ever seen while on the way back from our anniversary sushi all-you-can-eat last month. I had always wanted a teapot like this so we took it with us.
I used it a while without fixing it but at some point the fraying winding went on my nerves and I decided to fix it.
Taping the frame together was a good idea. There’s a certain amount of tension that has to be built for the wooden frame to fit the wire and I have only two hands, so tape it was. The twine I had somewhere in my endless (nah, not quite, but you know the feeling) crafting stack.
I’m really happy how it turned out and I’m frequently using it for my morning tea. Speaking of which, have a nice day!