- Make a tea bag or buy a tea strainer, add your favourite loose tea and a pretty thrifted tea-spoon (you can get these easily at charity shops or sometimes even in give-away boxes if you live in a bigger town).
- Make a dry cake mix in a jar and combine it with a pretty cake tin.
- Pour candles into pretty thrifted mugs or cups.
- Sew or embroider a pillowcase, maybe a thrifted one with a cute border and lace (and stuff it, maybe with spelt or grains?). I really don’t know anybody who dislikes pillows. Include a gift card for a pillow fight.
- Give a small, pretty enamel pot and fill it with chestnuts to cook in it. Thread a ribbon through the handles and tie a bow on top.
Everything in this list can be easily thrifted or bought fairy cheap and environmentally friendly. All these need are 10€ tops and a little bit of your time, and the things aren’t useless on top of that.