Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.
– L.M. Montgomery
This especially counts when tomorrow is like today the first day of the new year. Happy 2017!
I hope you had the New Year’s Eve you wished for and a good start into this beautiful new-born year.
If you’ve read this blog for a while now you’ll know that I love the feeling of crisp, fresh starts. So of course I made resolutions for the year to come!
- Lose weight. That’s a pretty standard one, but I’ve got my reasons (which I explained in this vlog). This goes hand in hand with exercise more (aka. do more yoga) and hydrate better, too, so I’m counting these as one. Get fit(ter), something like that.
- Be more sustainable in my everyday choices. I feel like I’ve been a bit lax (or maybe just scatterbrained) with this last year so in 2017 I want to become more mindful again of my choices when it comes to buying and using things.
- Paint and draw more again, not just for commissions but especially for myself! Last year started off with a pretty big project and ended with a pretty big project freelancing-wise and in the end I felt like the only drawing I had really done all for myself was Inktober. I’m definitely planning on repeating Inktober, it was so much fun and such a great experience and way to grow. But I just want to draw again, just for myself.
- Get another tattoo. Self-explaining, isn’t it.
- Finally set up an Etsy shop! This is a big one, not only because of the risk of gallons of self-doubt fuel but also because there’s a whole trail of paperwork and *tremble* self-promotion (one thing I’m really, really bad at, probably worse than maths) included.
- Learn more about making and editing videos and recording music. And of course make more music and videos!
- Learn to love myself more. I’m not expecting myself to have turned into a self-love expert at the end of the year, it’s a work in progress and I’m willing to take it slow. What ever waits for me at the end of the year, 2017 will be my Year of Self-Love. And self-respect and self-acceptance. I might have to elaborate on this further in another post but the resolutions stands.
Of course there’s more (there’s always more): Cook more, do more witchy and spiritual things, go out more, explore Lower Saxony, visit a renaissance fair/ medieval market, dress the way I want to, make friends, declutter, go on more LARPs, really start the Wunderkammer Chronicles, read more, breathe more, have fun, be happy. But I thought seven is a good number (a magical one, no less!) for 2017. 2017 is also the Year of the Star, according to the lovely Méa and the Major Arcana (No. XVII being The Star). I think that’s beautiful. Let’s all adopt that. Year of the Star sounds like something straight out of a fantastic fantasy novel I’d love to read.
Here’s to a wonderful and bright Year of the Star!
What are your resolutions for this beautiful new year?